DJ Sharkattackz returns tonight for the first all-campus event of the semester, a party in UpC. After spending half the summer driving around Long Island blasting Top 40 radio there are a few songs we're hoping to hear:
1. "Teenage Dream" by Katy Perry. Not to be confused with Teen Dream, the Beach House album. Perry's song replaced "California Gurls" and has become an end-of-summer/forever-young kind of anthem. We hope Sharkattackz can find a good remix though because the original version is a bit too slow for UpC purposes. (On second thought, what if they brought back the Slow Dance? We've been to countless "middle school" themed events at Vassar, yet not one has included a slow dance.)
2. "I Like It" by Enrique Iglesias ft. Pitbull. This is the first track on the Jersey Shore Soundtrack, so it's obviously meant for pist-pumping and party-starting. Sharkattackz better throw on their shirts-before-the-shirts and use this to get things going. Watch out for grenades.
3. "DJ Got Us Fallin In Love" by Usher ft. Pitbull or "OMG" by Usher ft. Will.i.am. Please only play one of these, or at least leave some time in between. Like Katy Perry, Usher had two big songs this summer, which is big considering he hadn't had a hit in a few years.
4. "Memories" by David Guetta ft. Kid Cudi. No, it's not a rendition of the song from Cats. Just a typical summer club track about doing "crazy shit" and making "memories." The best part is, the song only has five unique lines. Maybe Sharkattackz will enjoy playing it as much as this guy.
5. "Rude Boy" by Rihanna. Significantly dirtier than "Umbrella" and Rihanna's other hits of yesteryear, this is the song to grind to. Play this towards the end of the night and you'll prove Unigo right that everyone gets lucky at Vassar. (And yes, the video copies M.I.A.)
Songs we DO NOT want to hear: "Alejandro," "Empire State of Mind," or anything by the Black Eyed Peas. Sorry.